“Why inspire sympathy; inspire the inspirations in the richness in diversities.”

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Building 46'x48' Barn for Horses




Ground broke in June 2007. Raised the dirt about 4 feet high at two corners making a perfect ground level. Drilled/dug 25 holes in making 3 ft diameter and 5 ft deep hole. Installed (25) 14-24 ft posts. Poured concrete in holes to hold the posts. Added 2nd floor for hay storage. 49 stick frame roof truss. 2 dormers. 1 cupola.
4 horse stalls, one tack room, wash room and woodshop on main floor.
Our horses are so HAPPY! How do I know?? Because they left plenty of dungs in there!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can picture that your barn will look good when completed. I like the way you made this film, makes it like an old western movie.

My sister is having a barn built for her alpacas, she just started the farm about a year ago but the animals have been at boarding places. It's going to be lot smaller than your barn. Maybe if she gets too many, she'll have another one built.

There used to be a horse barn and field next to my parents house...the single lady that lived there was a sheriff and uses one of the horses to patrol the city....her horse looked exactly like the one in your picture and its name was StarBuck.

DeafKathy (Wilson) said...

Oh my, raising alpacas must be a fun experience! They are so cute. It requires lots of $ and planning before getting the business started.
I am glad you enjoyed the slideshow. I was experimenting with some slideshow program and put them in blog site to see how it turned out. Im planning on adding more photos in slideshow so keep an eye for that in the near future.
I am hoping to complete the barn by end of summer 2008. I REALLY need a vacation! LOL

Deb Ann and Hannah said...

I don't like your film BUT I LOVE YOUR style-like old western movie! I truly enjoyed it! (smiles)

Anonymous said...

Great topic!
If you want to meet more deaf people and see videos, I recommend you to
deafloves.com. This is a niche deaf
dating site and for deaf and HOH singles. Hundreds of new members daily join.